Tuesday, June 17, 2008

There Is Money For You

Did you renew your vehicle road tax recently?

If you renewed last April or May you qualify for a cash rebate. Owners of vehicles up to 2000cc get RM625. You will also get the rebate if you own a truck or a jeep at 2500cc or lower. You will get RM150 if you own a motorbike up to 250cc. If your road tax is renewed after 31st May then you will have to wait until 1st July to claim your rebate.

How to claim your rebate?

Go to any post office with your identity card. Provide your car registration number and fill a money order form. There are a few post offices that do not cater for these rebate claims but these are only a few. The claim process is only about 3 minutes although some people spend hours waiting their turn in queue.

You never do these things yourself?

Never fret. Next month they are supposed to come up with new procedures to allow third parties to claim on behalf of vehicle owners. Then you can get your usual car insurance agents, or office boys, or despatchers, or eager boyfriends to handle these menial tasks.

What to do with all that money?

Buy me a drink of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment